It’s important to understand how electricity, water and gas are being used in your home. You can make informed decisions about what you use, and what you’ll end up paying for.
A good way to build your understanding is to do a home energy audit.
ConnectEd has experienced auditors who can provide community members with home energy audits and give tailored energy advice.
Who is eligible
Individuals and households can be referred to this FREE service via their support workers.
You can also apply yourself if you need help with household energy usage.
If you have attended a ConnectEd community information session you are automatically eligible.
How to apply
- Complete the online referral form, or
- Send an email to ConnectEd@unitingcommunities.org, or
- Call 1800 615 677 (option 3).
ConnectEd home energy audits include a phone call from one of our skilled energy auditors followed up, if necessary, by a home visit.
Download the home energy audit flyer.
DIY energy audit
You can do one yourself, by:
- Downloading a step-by-step guide or a downloadable booklet from the sa.gov.au website, or
- Borrowing a Home Energy Toolkit from a public library, available for free with a library card.