Can I attend a ConnectEd education session?
ConnectEd presents two kinds of education events – those that are open to everyone, and those that are offered exclusively to members of the hosting group.
- To attend an open education or training event, follow the instructions on the event’s page to either book a ticket or just come along.
- To arrange for a ConnectEd trainer to present to your group meeting or train your staff, contact us to talk about what you need. We can tailor sessions for you, and come to your group or workplace.
How much will it cost me to use ConnectEd services?
All of ConnectEd’s services are free.
- Community education sessions
- Training workshops for community workers
- Financial counselling, and
- Home energy visits
are provided free of charge from UnitingCare Wesley Bowden, Uniting Communities, and Uniting Country SA, with funding from South Australia’s Department for Human Services.
To come to training, do I have to be employed as a Community Worker?
No – the “Training for Community Workers” is open to everyone, including volunteers, students and those who are interested in working in the community sector, and those who would like to learn more so they can help themselves and the people in their community.
The training has been written for people in a variety of community sector roles, such as financial counsellors, emergency relief workers, case workers, tenancy workers etc.
How can I arrange a ConnectEd session for my clients/staff?
We would love to talk with you about presenting to your client group or running training for your staff.
Use the Contact Us button to call or send an email to talk about what you need.
ConnectEd is offered across South Australia by three agencies, each responsible for different regions. Please include a relevant postcode so that your enquiry can be sent to the agency in your area.