Ready to improve your sustainability game? These sessions are for you! This climate change series aims to support you in getting yourself and your home more environmentally-friendly. Listen to professionals in a range of different fields, have the opportunity to ask questions and learn about all things eco from electric vehicles, solar PV, energy efficiency to water sensitive urban design in your home and backyard. Lets start your sustainability journey!
We present 8 different sessions from February to June of 2023, all held on Wednesdays 5:30-6:30pm at The Parks Library.
- Wednesday 8th February: Reading Our Utility Bills. Understanding how to read your energy, gas and water bills can lead to hundreds or dollars a year in savings! Bring your bills and join Alex Fry from ConnectEd to learn more. Alex is passionate about communicating and sharing with people the ways they can make their homes and lives more sustainable through small actions
- Wednesday 22nd February: Energy & Water Efficiency in Your Home. Want to know exactly how energy and water is being consumed in your home? Get practical money saving tips from Alex Fry from ConnectEd and put into action today!
- Wednesday 22nd March: Designing a Sustainable Home. Have you dreamed of designing and owning your very own sustainable home that reduces operating costs, enhances liveability and helps the environment? Come along to listen to Yaara Plaves, associate director and Architect from Hames Sharley, talk about the many advantages of embracing sustainability principles in the built environment.
- Wednesday 12th April: Electrify Your Home. The world is moving toward all-electric homes! Join Heather Merran from ConnectEd who will be talking about solar panels, home batteries and everyday appliances like hot water heat pumps, reverse cycle air conditioners and induction cooktops that cost less to run, reduce your household carbon footprint and lead to healthier indoor homes.
- Wednesday 26th April: Getting off the Gas. Many home owners and businesses are switching from gas heating and cooking to all electric to minimise emissions, save money and reduce health impacts. Join us and hear from Jacob Potter, a Sustainability Consultant, on his best strategies to get off the gas.
- Wednesday 17th May: Climate Ready Homes. To prepare for climate change extremes come along to this thought provoking session focusing on practical actions you can take to become more resilient. The presentation will focus on the innovative ‘My Cool Home’ tool. Jeremy Miller from Adapt West will also touch on low and high cost interventions you can take to be better prepared with linkage to energy costs and comfort.
- Wednesday 7th June: Demystifying Electric Vehicles. Join Australian Electric Vehicle Association (AEVA) chair, independent consultant and expert, Sally Knight, as she talks about everything electric vehicles. Sally covers all the benefits, misconceptions, costs and where to look if you’re interested in making the change to an electric vehicle. Sally will endeavour to make it easier for you to make an informed choice.
- Wednesday 28th June: Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) in Your Home and Backyard. Are you looking for ways to sustain your garden and cool your backyard with the rainwater that falls on your property? Or would you like to understand the most efficient and cost-effective way to harvest rainwater from your roof to use inside your home? Join Melissa Bradly from WSUD SA to explore practical solutions including rainwater and greywater use, paving, infiltration systems, raingardens and much more!
These are free community sessions, register your spot today!These sessions are brought to you by Cities of Port Adelaide Enfield and links to the ‘Living Environment’ and ‘Libraries’ program. The series features presentations from ConnectEd, Dsquared Consulting, Water Sensitive SA, Hames and Sharley and Adapt West.
Climate Change Action Series
Date: 08 February - 28 June 2023
Location: Parks Library 46 Trafford Street Angle ParkBook tickets
Booking link: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/climate-change-action-series-tickets-520235778217